The great rupture

Well, actually i'm reading differents papers for the university, but, one author is very important for me, because her topics are linked with political situation in our country.

The author is Manuel Antonio Garreton, who wrote many articles in the last thirty years. In specific, I'm reading about the relation between politic and society, as reflected very well in her last book: the great rupture.

In the past, he write others papers and books linked with this topic, for example, "Unidad Popular: political conflict in Chile or "Chilean political process", both very good articles, but being her last book it's more updated with political environment and the actually discussions in the social sciences. It also includes a chapter about the changes in different social class in Chile.

The book it's divided in multiple chapters, most of them were written by prominent authors of sociology.
Besides, the text it's not so long, about two hundred pages.

I really enjoying with this book, because I'm interested in her analysis about the chilean society and its mutation. So, the utility of the text, for me, not only entertains me, besides helps me to approve subject.

Finally, I recommend reading this book for everyone who wants learn about the national situation, our problems and ours challenges as society.

2 comentarios: